Packwise, that’s us: a 4‑year-old technology startup from Dresden. With our Industrial IoT solution we are the leading provider of tracking solutions for liquid containers in the process industry. By gaining supply chain transparency our customers in the chemical and food industry benefit from automated processes, increased service levels to their customers and more sustainable container logistics.
Join us on our Packwise journey in the emerging and exciting B2B IoT market!
As a Senior Embedded Developer at Packwise you will be responsible for building and improving our hardware products which are the base for all the Packwise services while being part of our cross functional tech team! Do you want to provide your technical expertise to create new exciting devices and make our existing hardware even more efficient and intelligent to experience the immediate effect on our business success? We are happy to get in touch with you!
This would be your part of the story, you …
- develop production software to be run on small embedded devices (ARM, Tensilica)
- work together with the hardware team to define hardware requirements
- are responsible for creating new features for our devices
- optimize our product in terms of performance and energy efficiency
- write code, tests and prototypes, solve issues and analyze performance of our hardware and firmware
- improve firmware release management and continuous integration
- ensure a high quality of code
What you bring to the team, you …
- are experienced in embedded software development in C and C++
- are familiar with common communication interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, USB)
- have experiences with wireless protocols, such as BLE, Wifi and cellular networks as LTE‑M and NB-IoT
- are able to employ unit tests for embedded software
- have an understanding of RTOS
- are able to read and understand complex chip datasheets and user manuals
- have already experiences working with Espressif and Nordic microprocessors
- have knowledge about modern lightweight protocols (COAP, AMQP)
- are used to program battery driven devices
- know how to build pipelines and deployments (Bitbucket Pipelines, GitHub Actions)
- share a startup/scaleup mindset, being motivated to make our products and services better every day
- have an understanding of security of IP-based protocols (TSL / DTLS)
- can communicate in English
- like to take responsibilities and are open to professional technical discussions
What you can expect from joining the Packwise Team
- Flexibility: you work when you want from where you want – through flexible working hours and the possibility of remote work, you enjoy a work-life balance.
- One for all, all for one: we have a flat hierarchy where you will always get support from your colleagues.
- You decide where you want to go: we offer you the space to contribute yourself and your ideas and support you in achieving your goals.
- Fair Play: we offer you a permanent employment contract and a fair salary. In addition, we support you, if necessary, with relocation, visa and work permit.
- Work&play: whether it’s lunch, hiking or the REWE Team Challenge – our team gets together regularly to celebrate small and big successes.
- Be involved: beyond your field of work, you are always up to date on what your colleagues are currently working on.
- Stay comfortable: with height-adjustable desks, fresh fruit and a variety of hot and cool drinks.
- Dresden today and the world tomorrow: our office is centrally located at the Neustadt train station in the vibrant district of Dresden – Neustadt.
Do you have any questions about the position or the application? Please contact Sarah Alexander, she is looking forward to your call at 0351/ 799 90 982 or your e‑mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.